Click here to read the full version of the UPS Service Guarantee from the UPS site
(You will need to scroll almost half way down on this link).
UPS guarantees on-schedule delivery for the following service options that we offer:
In the event UPS fails to attempt delivery within the time published on the UPS Web site, or as provided when 1-800-PICK-UPS is
called, UPS, at its option, will either credit or refund the shipping charges for each such package to the payer only, upon request,
subject to the following conditions:
- Next Day Air (where such services are available)
- 2nd Day Air (where such services are available)
- 3 Day Select (where such services are available)
- Ground Commercial
- UPS's guaranteed delivery schedule has been obtained by referencing UPS's Web site or contacting a UPS Customer Service office.
- Each package is properly recorded on a UPS source document or in a UPS automated shipping system.
- Each package in a shipment bears the appropriate UPS tracking label and an address label, or a combined label generated by a UPS
automated shipping system, showing the consignee's correct name, deliverable address (UPS cannot deliver to a P.O. Box), and ZIP Code (or postal code for international shipments).
- Each UPS 2nd Day Air A.M. and UPS Ground package is addressed to a commercial, not residential, address. A residential delivery is defined as provided in the
UPS Tariff and in this service guide.
- Each package in a shipment bears a UPS Saturday Delivery routing label when optional Saturday service is requested and available.
- Each package in a shipment is tendered to UPS during UPS's published business hours.
- UPS is notified in writing or by telephone of a service failure within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of scheduled delivery
and is advised of the consignee's name and address, date of shipment, package weight, and UPS tracking number.
- For UPS Worldwide Expedited shipments, the guarantee shall apply only to shipments originating in, or destined for, the United States, and when the billed party
is resident in the United States and is responsible for all shipping charges.
Under no circumstances shall UPS be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages for failure to attempt delivery in accordance with the UPS Service Guarantee.
The guarantee does not apply to UPS shipments that are delayed due to causes beyond UPS's control, including, but not limited to, the following:
The guarantee does not apply to UPS 2nd Day Air A.M., UPS 2nd Day Air, UPS 3 Day Select, and UPS Ground shipments that are
picked up or scheduled to be delivered between December 12 and December 25.
- the unavailability or refusal of a person to accept delivery of the shipment
- acts of God
- acts of public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority
- acts or omissions of customs or similar authorities
- the application of security regulations imposed by the government, or otherwise applicable to the delivery location
- riots, strikes, or other labor disputes
- civil commotions
- disruptions in air or ground transportation networks, such as weather phenomena; and natural disasters.